The first step in submitting a product to ARL is to request a quote. Quotes may be requested by filling out and submitting the Request A Quote form on this Web site.
Once a signed contract and prepayment for testing has been received, the following information must be provided:
- A detailed description of the product and its intended use. List all models, types or product variations.
- Model Nomenclature chart detailing the derivation of model numbers relative to product features and characteristics.
- Component Parts List(s), on ARL’s template, listing all components and materials used in the product–including manufacturers' names, catalog numbers, sizes, ratings, etc.–and whether they are Listed or Recognized by a nationally recognized testing laboratory. The Component Parts List must also identify any alternate materials, components, or arrangement of parts intended for future use.
- Samples of all product data plates, product labels, warning stickers, etc. used and applied to the product.
- Wiring diagrams, design drawings, and photographs of the product.
- All instruction manuals, safety tips or installation instructions that you expect to supply with the product, including any markings intended to appear on the shipping container.
- The name of your authorized representative(s). For confidentiality purposes, ARL will contact and discuss your projects only with an authorized representative(s).
- The company name and address of each factory where the product will be manufactured.
- The name and address of the company as you want it to be published in the ARL Listed Products Directory.